The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
The Town Hall    Calverley Road  Tunbridge Wells  
Tunbridge Wells' Town Hall was opened in March 1941 by wartime mayor Charles Westbrook. It was designed by architects Percy Thomas and Ernest Prestwich who had won a competition in 1934 for a neo-Georgian Civic Centre which incorporated the Town Hall, Assembly Hall, Police Station, Library and Museum. Building commenced in 1937.
It replaced the Decimus Burton buidings - Calverley Parade, Calverley Mews and Calverley Terrace - that the council had acquired in 1895

Books and other documents
PublishedTitle, author and references
1883Pelton's Illustrated Guide to Tunbridge Wells by J. Radford Thomson, M.A. ⇒ p. 93

Historical records

c 1945The Town HallThe Town Hall, Tunbridge Wells photographed by Photocrom Co Ltd.Private collection

c 1950Civic CentreCivic Centre, Tunbridge WellsPrivate collection

The Weald is at  Database version 13.3 which has ongoing updates to the 392,678 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 247 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

of the