The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Christ Church  Ridgewood    Uckfield  
Historical records

18th Jun 1876HistoryChrist ChurchBrooker's Guide
On the opposite side of the road stands Christ Church, which was opened and dedicated for public worship by the Lord Bishop of Chichester on the 18th June, 1876. Though small, it has inside a very church-like appearance. The site was given by R. J. Streatfeild, Esq., who also, in conjunction with the Rev. E. T. Cardale, the then rector, bore the expense of the erection.

1882Directory entryChrist ChurchKelly's Directory
Christ church, an iron chapel at the hamlet of Ridgwood, about a mile from the parish church, has sittings for 153 persons and is served from the parish church.
Hours of service: 3.30 p.m. & once a quarter, at 11 a.m

1888Directory entryChrist ChurchBrooker's Guide
Christ Church, Ridgewood
Clergy, as at Parish Church, Churchwarden, G. W. Adair, Esq. Clerk, Mr. Sawyers. Service, every Sunday at 3.30 p.m. Holy Communion once a quarter at morning service, and every 3rd Sunday in the month, at 8 o'clock a.m.

c 1899Ridgewood, South of Uckfield - c 1899Part of the 6 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1899 by Ordnance SurveyChrist Church

The Weald is at  Database version 13.3 which has ongoing updates to the 392,678 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 247 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

of the